Monday, July 30, 2007

LibraryThing vs Shelfari

As defined in their about pages LibraryThing is a cataloging tool where as Shelfari is predominantly a social networking tool. They both are striving to provide a platform where people with similar interests can connect and communicate. The biggest difference I felt was in the website – LibraryThing is more text based where as Shelfari is more visual.

One day, when I have more time (between being a working mom and a student) I would love to explore these sites more. :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tried out both sites and liked Shelfari more. I like the general vibe more on Shelfari. Maybe its the whole social network aspect of it. Everyone is warm and wants to share their opinions on books.

Sungji Koo said...

I preferred Shelfari interface. I guess I like websites with clean-look designs.